Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Beer 33: Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout

This sums up my day today. 
Business Cat - CATNIP IS FOR CLOSERS!
I got shit done.  I kicked ass and took names.  I'm rolling in catnip.

***

I shall reward myself with Installment #2 of the Milk Stout series.  Tonight we feast on Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout.  It hails from Farmville, North Carolina and boasts that it is proudly hand-made in small batches.

It poured dark as night and the light tan head quickly dissipated.  First sniff made me stop and ask Gary, "Does this beer smell like meat?"  I'm a wishy-washy quasi-vegetarian currently on a poultry bender, so sometimes I have a challenging time identifying meat smells.  The meat smell passed and a good swirl released caramel, milk sugar and a hint of smokiness.

It drinks with a sweet smokiness and has more carbonation that I'm accustomed to in a milk stout.  It finishes with a little bit of bitterness.  Overall a solid example of milk stout.

1 comment:

  1. First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado.
    Second prize is a set of steak knives.
    Third prize is you're fired.

    ReplyDelete