Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, November 3, 2013

This is Bananas

Day #694 Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Ale / Rogue Ales, Newport, OR
Previously from this brewery:  Plenty

Up for review today is a beer I had a small sample of, the Voodoo Doughnut from Rogue.  This beer pairs two Portland institutions, Rogue and Voodoo Doughnut, famous for their works of art in doughnut form. Last year, Rogue produced a bacon maple ale, which I avoided as all the beer geeks I talk to told me it was incredibly smoky, which is not a phrase I use to describe beer I enjoy.  This year, with chocolate, peanut butter, and banana on the ingredients list, it seemed more my speed.

The beer poured with a mahogany color and wispy tan head, with a light chocolate aroma.  The beer itself was very thin, with some toasted malt flavor, some chocolate, some cocoa, some sweetness.  But not much of anything, to be honest.  This was a beer better in theory than in execution.
Voodoo Doll
This beer pays homage to Voodoo's "Memphis Mafia" doughnut; I can vouch that this is a delicious, if wildly unhealthy, doughnut.  Shame it didn't work out for the beer.

Thing to Think About Today:
With doughnuts on the mind, I present some Mike Doughty, with an acoustic version of Janine.  Youtube not cooperating, so just click the link.  Good night, friends.  See you soon.
Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92gIyJyXYPI

No comments:

Post a Comment